Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cancelled

After waiting at the passenger terminal for two hours they announced my flight was cancelled. And I was just starting to believe I was actually leaving Mosul. The cancellation doesn't affect my return date because I have built in time for things like this that come up.

Before I left the JDEC folks had a meeting that really was a going away presentation for me. I received a rug embroidered with the time I spent in Mosul. It was a great parting gift. I would post a picture, but my camera cable is packed away. I also received a couple cards with many nice parting words. As cool/important as this job was, I will miss the people the most. I almost feel bad leaving, but then I think of the life (Casie) I have waiting for me at home.

Tomorrow I will try again to leave the black hole that is called Mosul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only a matter of HOURS and that's all you've got to think about! You're almost out! Take care of yourself and write an email when you get to the States! Big hug pal!

Casie said...

I'm not sure you would be as excited to return to your life (Superman toys) if you knew how many statues I have gotten rid of. ;)