Monday, March 31, 2008

The Madness!

Every year my family has a March Madness tournament where we each bet a whole dollar. It started when I was in 5th Grade between my dad, sister Jess, and me. Becky was too young to care and my mom isn't too into sports. She said something like, "I'm cheering for Cleveland, no the Cubs, no the Bears," when talking about Superbowl XLI if that helps paint a picture. Since then my Dad and I have always had a bet, for a while it was just the two of us. Becky started joining the fun a few years later although her choices were based on the color of the uniform at that point. ;) My mom has even started joining the fun with very random choices. Somehow she won last year...

This year Ben and I filled out our brackets in about 15 minutes while in Hawaii because he HAD to check the scores. I curious as I was I wanted to take the time to fill out my bracket right. We still haven't seen everyone else's brackets, but it didn't turn out too badly for us. We'll find out in just over a week who gets bragging rights of winning the pool or at least picking the champion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In defense of Becky's ability to make basketball picks in the March Madness Tournament; seems to me she won the teachers' office pool when she was in 8th grade. And she didn't cheat! ...Lots of love from dad.

Anonymous said...

Hey! No comments when I win! and almost win again. I must know something.! Love, Mom2

Anonymous said...

True, Becky did sweep the Middle School teacher's pool in 8th grade and I never did.