Monday, January 19, 2009

A History Lesson

Todd is my cartoon buddy.  We haven't talked cartoons lately, but when I was in Ohio this was a frequent topic (considering we are college graduates and working professionals).  We both like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (who doesn't) except for the future/time travel ones (really bad).  We didn't have much to choose from since most cartoons these days are not cool so we usually agreed on the good and bad of various cartoons and shared with each other the good channels and times to catch cartoons Saturday morning.  Sherlock Holmes in the future for example...a lot of potential, Holmes is almost always cool.  Future Holmes...not so good, in fact one of the worst.  I think Watson was a robot, if that helps depict how bad it was.

One cartoon I always enjoyed was Liberty Kids.  It may have been my favorite, but I'm not sure I can admit that to TMNT.  I could never quite sell Todd on how cool it was (although he never said it was bad), but trust me they're awesome.  They are way better than most of the cartoons that play today.  Plus they're historically accurate and trick kids into learning about the revolutionary era.  I'm not all about educational kids shows, but I am a fan of tricking kids.

Well, I have a new favorite educational history show.  I get a whole new appreciation for history from some true experts with each episode.  It is called Drunk History, available on YouTube.  Unfortunately there are only 5 episodes, but they are pretty much 5 minutes of awesome including Jack Black as Ben Franklin (my favorite).  Go check them out.  There is profanity in case that offends you.

I hope they aren't done posting new episodes so I can continue my education in American History.

1 comment:

Scott and Becky said...

Looooooooove it!
"It's the same thing as when you rub your feet on the carpet."
buahahahaha! :)
I hope there's more to come too!