Friday, April 13, 2007

Lost in Translation

I've been shy to post about this incident. In fact, I didn't take the picture until two weeks after it happened.

My regular barber shop was closed for renovations. Being that there aren't too many options available, I bucked up the two extra dollars and went to the beauty shop. I don't have that hard of a haircut, #1 on the sides, #2 on the top, and taper the back. I also added that I would like her to, "even out my sideburns". I should have known something was up when I saw her pull out a shaving blade.




You can see from the picture above, that a quarter inch of my sideburns is shorter around my eyes. She did that to both of them, but it was skin close (liked I shaved around my eyes). In my personal opinion, I looked like a weirdo, thus I waited to take this photo until today.

I guess, some phrases are lost in translation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! The barber here in the building did that to me last year! I thought he just screwed up the first time, but then he did it again, so I don't get my haircut there anymore. The lady who cut your hair didn't happen to have a long white beard, did she? ...

Scott and Becky said...

Can I call you Benula now and make fun of YOUR hair? ;)

Anonymous said...

I say no, Beckula stemmed from your morning hair and Bride of Frankenstein. Ben may look like a "weirdo" but there is no way to tie that back to your crazy hair.