Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blue Christmas With a Lot of Brown

I have been spoiled with too many Midwest Christmases. Hearing songs like White Christmas are depressing. It so brown here, forget a White Christmas, it won't even be a Green Christmas!

I can see why so many people have a hard time during the holidays, especially if the radio is on. Just listen to the songs; Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), I'll Be Home for Christmas, The Only Gift I Need, and Blue Christmas.

No trees, lights, wreaths, or Christmas cards can replace being with your family during the these times.
I am grateful that in my four years of military service this is my first Christmas away from family. I keep reminding myself that these experiences will make life that much sweeter when I return this spring. I miss you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although it's not brown here it is awfully green. I hear the snow is even disappearing in the UP. At least you're not missing a WHITE Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Aw! We are definitely not white here. The whole world is brown for Christmas I think. It is rare, but no snow this Christmas even in the midwest. We will have a small idea of what it is like there. We miss you too.