Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life

Last night I saw It's a Wonderful Life at the FOB theater. I got to watch my favorite movie of all-time, released in 1946, on the big screen. My deployment is all downhill from here. Life in Mosul doesn't get much better.

I get choked up every time I hear Harry Bailey give his toast, "to my big brother George, the richest man in town." Frank Capra is a genius.

There's something about the movie that I can't place just one finger on. I could point out all the great parts, but I won't bore you to death with an essay. In short, no matter how rough life can get at times (like being deployed 6,000 miles away from home) your friends will always be there to help you get through it. Remember, no man is a failure who has friends.

Below is the best feel-good-movie ending ever for your viewing pleasure.



I was reminded yesterday that I truly have a wonderful life, even if it is waiting for me 6,000 miles away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas Eve! You are not to here to help me with these darn cookies, I think I might gain a good 5 lbs while I'm here! I am sure mom will send you a buch and then you can gain it with me!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Bro

Anonymous said...

Ben ,

I never seen the whole movie. One day I well it was on christmas eve. But went to Grandma and Aunt Tina and Uncle Rich's house. Have pictures of our adventure for the day. Sent later.

Anonymous said...

I agree, great movie. Your entries are getting a little sappy though, Martinez may have a talk with you pretty soon. :)

"Merry Christmas you beautiful old Building and Loan!"

I posted this yesterday but darn that dial up...

Anonymous said...

I agree, great movie. Your entries are getting a little sappy though, Martinez may have a talk with you pretty soon. :)

"Merry Christmas you beautiful old Building and Loan!"

I posted this yesterday but darn that dial up...