Thursday, February 01, 2007

Up Laughing

Okay, short story time. The other night I woke up laughing, compliments of my mom. I was dreaming of my mom shopping at the farm I worked on growing up. She was at a deep bin reaching for a watermelon at the bottom. As she was bending over on her tippy toes, her feet lost their grip and she was headed face first into the bin. She caught herself and was teeter-tottering until she could redistribute her weight toward her feet. She then looked around to see if anyone saw.

It caused me to wake up and I found my self laughing...hard.

It's funny the things that come to mind when your away from home for so long. I love you mom, thanks for the laugh. I miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come I have never heard this story before?

here's one to cheer you up, remember on your Birthday one year when I said I would do the dishes and put the wrong soap in the dishwasher? hahahaha

hope all is well...hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Ben,
I think you might have a taste for a watermelon or you were thinking about the farm. It seems funny to have a dream about watermelon at this time of the year. Keep the blog going.
Love Ma

Casie said...

Haha, that's funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben it's the little things that mean the most. Ya made me laugh too. the good old days. Keep your eyes posted for a package let me know if it arrives. I thought it should have been there by now I mailed it around the 16th.