Sunday, March 11, 2007

Green Spot

Fresh DCU day is every Wednesday and Saturday (DCU: Desert Combat Uniform). That's when I take my laundry to the cleaners. If they are in by 10 am, then they will be ready after 12 pm the next day. I am getting spoiled, I know.

It feels good to throw on a new set of DCUs. The first day is the best, their crisp feel and neutral smell. Unfortunately my first day quickly became the last day for my DCUs on Wednesday of this week. After washing my hands before breakfast and heading to the self serve breakfast bar my elbow felt wet. I didn't do what your thinking, like dipping my elbow in some butter or syrup reaching for my French Toast. Nope, worse, when I looked down I had a dark green paste spot on my inner elbow. It was about a tablespoon's worth.

My male instinct told me to put my finger in it and smell it. It was odorless. I couldn't even make it to my normal seat. I had to make a pit stop and wipe it off with a napkin. In actuality, probably did more damage by smearing it in. I was grossed out my entire breakfast.

I had some Shout Wipes to take care of the green spot when I returned to my CHU. Thanks Mom!

What was it? wet, odorless, green (like a dark guacamole), and gross
Where did I get it from? and when?
How did I get it? Or who gave it to me?

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Slimer from ghostbusters? ;)

Anonymous said...

That's good...Slime. It makes sense since you were in the chow hall and he was always eating. Didn't he stink though? That doesn't go along with the odorless aspect. Maybe it was just guacamole.