Monday, March 26, 2007

Nevada Lights

Every night is Vegas Night! I have a little piece of everyone from the many care packages I've received the duration of my deployment. I thought I'd share the piece my Aunt, Uncle, and Jenny (my sister) sent from Las Vegas.



It's a miniature "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. If I turn off all my lights, like the above picture, it makes me forget I'm in the Middle East.

It is nice to be able to turn off the fluorescent lights in the evening. It definitely changes the mood and makes my CHU feel more like home.

I'm not the gambler-type, so I never thought I'd say, "Vegas lights feel like home!"

2 comments:

Casie said...

I'm taking down another Superman statue tonight.

No reason, just because I can. ;)

Anonymous said...

HI! yay! I am so happy to see you are enjoying the Vegas sign! The Hard Lessons are comin to Vegas tonight!!! I will tell them you said HI! Maybe the next time we are in MI together, we can catch one of their shows!

later bro! I see your coutdown says 10 days! is that for real!?