Sunday, January 14, 2007

Help!

"Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round."
- The Beatles

I think I've hit "the wall" (a runner's term) or what writers refer to as writer's block. I couldn't possibly have ran out of topics to write about in Iraq. I mean, it is a whole 'nother country. I haven't been able to focus on reading any books either. A bored soldier's worst nightmare!


I am sure more topics will eventually come to mind, but in the mean time, while I take the day off from blog-writing,
if you are interested in something leave me a comment. I'd be happy to write about it. Anything to take my mind off work.

For your downloading pleasure: The Beatles - Help! (right click to save as)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad2 and I watched a tribute to James Taylor last night. All kinds of artist did renditions of his songs while he watched. Gotta say, I enjoyed hearing his songs, but the original was always better. Modern artists sometimes took the song off on tangents. He did a duet with Carol King toward the end that was great "If you need I friend I'll be there". Not sure I understand the need to mess with a good thing.
So tell me some good things you don't want messed with, ie: Superman, Casie videoing your shows, etc.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben! just catching up on your blogs before I have to head to work. sounds like you are getting pretty tired of being over there...u will be home soon! I emailed casie last week and will send another one this week, I found some nice ideas. did you get a chance to look at that half marathon I am thinking bout doing? I jogged 2 miles yesterday...started training. only have 9 weeks! my goal is just to cross the finish line even if I am crawling! write soon!