Monday, January 15, 2007

'Save Ben's Superman Stuff'

There is rumor that when military members deploy, their significant others purge the member's less desirable belongings. This may be a leg lamp (like the one in A Christmas Story) or that framed picture hanging in the living room of Dogs Playing Poker. In my case, this includes my Superman collection (in the living room). I am 99% sure Casie wouldn't touch anything, but she has made some light hearted threats.

It's not in any danger of being thrown out (I think). It is in danger of being put in a box where no one will ever see it (think Toy Story 2). My current justification; every time she looks at it, and 'it' is everywhere, she will think of me. :-) That's a good reason, right?

Join the "Save Ben's Superman Stuff" campaign. Leave a comment.

5 comments:

metfoo said...

I am sure alot of beer was consumed during the design stages of this. I just dont see how anybody would come up with it, then decide to follow through with it. Its worth watching though. Enjoy an 8500 bottlerocket salute!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=750b158691


I am SURE your superman stuff will eventually make it into a box that willbe hidden in an attic or basement. If it doesnt happen while you're overseas, then it will happen once you say "I Do".

Scott and Becky said...

"Light hearted threats"? You think they're light hearted threats? Is she kidding or is she serious, you'll just have to wonder! :D

Scott and Becky said...

Oh yeah, new JEW. You may have already checked it out. It's called "Chase This Light". I've only been able to check it out here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=3197044 (it's at the top, you click play, duh)Check it out if you haven't already. It's pretty amazing, as always. Let me know if you find a better link oh, and new album out in about a year apparently. Just thought you'd want to "be in the know." ;)

Anonymous said...

Casie, I know you will do what is right. Whether that is putting it in a box or not, that has yet to be determined ;) good luck Ben!

Casie said...

Haha, hilarious entry!

I'm not saying I'm going to get rid of the Superman stuff...I'm just saying I have a LOT of time to redecorate if I choose to. I may even leave some of the Superman stuff out for you to box up. OR, you could come home to your Superman shrines intact.

I guess you'll find out when you get home! :P