Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Killing the Runner

I've been extremely busy. The Air Force is definitely getting their money's worth. I did manage to get a workout in this afternoon. Any day you can manage to squeeze in a run is a bonus.

Running is meditative for me. I never have time to think about anything other than work for 13 hours a day. Running gives me time to unwind and think about family and my favorite running partner, Casie! The blog also serves this purpose.


This afternoon I just surpassed my 75th running mile in Iraq. Back in the states I would have run that much in a month. Originally, I had the goal of running 300 miles here, but that dream quickly
died. What once were 8:00 minute miles are now 8:45 minute miles.

It is unfortunate that the treadmills are slowly killing the runner in me. :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I haven't even logged on 10 miles running on my treadmill. I normally just walk briskly.

Anonymous said...

See lack of running partner, that's why I'm going to get myself a dog. As long as you're gone I don't have to worry about your opinion on the matter. Right?

That's just one more thing to wonder about. Will your superman toys still be around in April? Will I still be accepting applications for a running partner when you get back or will you be replaced by a dog?

Anonymous said...

what are you talking about?! treadmills are my lively hood because the cold Michigan weather kills me if I try to run...