Friday, January 12, 2007

Kit Kat Please

I need a break! I haven't slept-in past 0630 since the end of September. It didn't bother me at first, but it is starting to wear on me. The more I think about it, I don't think it is a rest issue. I get plenty of rest, but it would be nice to take a few days off and clear my head. The problem is there is nobody to pick up the slack and the work would be waiting for my return. If I did have a day off, I would probably be thinking of all the catching-up I'd have to do when I returned. It's a no win situation.

April can't come soon enough!
The Postal Service - Sleeping-In
(right-click to save music file)

PS Please DO NOT send me a Kit Kat. I have so much food, I won't finish what I have by the time I leave.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a teacher's job. Even if you have a substiture there is more work when you get back. Seems it is easier to stay and do the work. But the 24/7 thing is rough! No envy here. 70 days-your getting there. Does the Air Force give you time off when you get back?

Zathras said...

Hey superman. I have been following your blog. I guess times have changed a lot, even since the last gulf war. We hope to see you soon, either at your parents or in Ohio or Lansing. Stay safe!

Liisa Speaker
Lansing, MI

Unknown said...

I am official. I have my own google account. I thought you would want to know that. ;-) (ha, you are probably emailing casie now to find out who the heck Liisa is).

Anonymous said...

He's a smart kid (sometimes) I'm sure the Lansing reference gave it away Liisa.

I need a break too Ben, I'm so busy recording TV shows I feel like I'm at work on the weekend. ;)

MLK Day will be good though. I'll be able to catch up on a lot of work. I should have a chance to respond to "Jason" too (DJ); I feel like he's stalking me. (Ask your mom about him, he calls once a week!)

Casie said...

My mind is torn between "Sleeping In" and..."Give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR." Seriously, try to get that one out of your head.

I feel like I'm listening to a weak radio station fading between: "Don't wake me I plan on...give me a break, give me a break...on sleeping in, don't wake me I..."

By the way, that's probably tied for my favorite song by the Postal Service, good choice. (it would be #1 if it weren't so synthesized)

Laura said...

Whats that? You want a lot of KitKats?? I am all over it, dont you worry! ;)

Ben said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!