Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tommy Boy

This morning Tom left for Baghdad. It is the first of many stops on his way back to the states. Tom was more than a co-worker, he became a close friend. I am terrible at describing my friends, but this will give you an idea of who Tom is. Tom is 6' 7", likes women, fried chicken, women, pralines 'n cream ice cream, guns (specifically ones he doesn't have), photography, women, television, movies, and did I mention women? ;-)

It is only fitting to post a few photos from today since Tom was quite the photo aficionado. Below is the last group photo with Tom, taken today.



UPDATE: In case you were wondering, in the front row is: Harold (new), Fred, Stephanie (new), Bill, Rodney, Roland. In the back row is: Me, Tom, Nasrat, Pen, Mr. Norm, and Julie.

As we said our goodbyes I remember being an insecure lieutenant back in October. Tom reminded me at times I'm an officer and people will listen to what I have to say. Like the best NCOs do, he made me a confident officer. This is me presenting Tom a little token of my appreciation for all his hard work these past four months.



When I arrived I never imagined working with a US Navy sailor, but now it will seems strange working with anybody else. Safe travels and the best of luck Tom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what do you know, you're both smiling in the same picture. I guess that means you're happy to see him go. ;)

Scott and Becky said...

Or the camera man said "cheese". :D

haha! I don't care if you laughed, cause I did! ;)


no, I really care. You better have laughed...while you were constructing an e-mail to me. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy. Nice pictures. Miss you too. IS2 T Pilson