Saturday, January 06, 2007

Flat On My Face...Again

102 days in country and I have fallen on my face for the second time. This time it wasn't a flashlight operator error. I was headed to my CHU for the night, on my normal route, and some camo netting reached out and, as Forrest Gump would say, "bit me". The netting is usually rolled up, but somehow unrolled into my path a little. I thought I cleared it, but my heel got caught and the next thing I knew I was on the soggy ground (it was raining).

Of course a civilian linguist saw me and ran to my aide (there's never anyone walking around). I am sure they thought I was shot by a sniper I fell so hard. I was extremely embarrassed and jump up as fast as I went down. It hurt, A LOT...again! I limped away with no blood, just bruises. My left knee is still sore. Just when the scars from my previous fall were beginning to go away I decide to trip again. Oh how I miss concrete sidewalks.

By the way, this is my 50th post from Iraq!

3 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Ben, you silly boy. I wish I could have seen it! Then again, I do have a plethora of stupid Ben things already stored in my noggin. :)

oh, and the Spider video, cracked me up! I almost didn't watch it because, well, you know how I just LOVE spiders! (cabins incident come to mind?) The crack den spider...hilarious! :D

Take care!

Casie said...

Ha! At least it was camo net and not a crack den spider.

That brings to mind "the garbage incident of 2005." I don't remember where we were going, but I remember being covered in mud and SOMEONE laughing at me for 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Now where is your sympathy girls?? Tsk, Tsk!!! I was able to watch the spider video with Becky though. I love the spider that made a hammock. That one might be okay to run into. He'd be laid back enough to let you be.